Sunday, March 27, 2011

Out for a Drive


I went for a drive today. I drove past Idalou to Apple Country Orchards to look at the apple trees. They are just now beginning to bloom. I saw white and pale pink blossoms. They should be in full bloom during the next few weeks depending on the weather. I intend to return for the Apple Blossom Celebration on April 9th. The orchard has over 6,000 apple trees and 30 varieties.


It is obvious that they have been pruning because their are branches everywhere. The rows of trees seem to go on and on. I am told that b
ehind the apple trees are peach trees. The orchard takes up 30 acres of land. They have a bakery and a small store with apple decorated plates and jars of preserves, jellies, and honey. I sampled some of their cinnamon honey. It was delicious.



I can't wait to see the trees in full bloom or taste the apples.

1 comment:

  1. I'd go just for the bakery alone.

    I like the things you are writing about. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete